The director of a Bromley firm has given a suspended jail sentence after removing asbestos without a licence and deceiving the householders by providing a doctored air test saying the room was safe to re-enter.
A Hertfordshire concrete pumping company has been fined after members of the public and a police car were sprayed with concrete when a delivery pipe ruptured.
A Kent double glazing company with three outlets in Medway towns has been fined for safety failings after building a conservatory over a gas flue.
A landlord has been handed a suspended jail sentence for endangering lives after a mother, her partner and her eight-year-old daughter were poisoned by carbon monoxide at a flat in Lewisham.
A self-employed builder has been fined £75,000 and ordered to undertake community service after work he carried out on an elderly couple’s home resulted in their death from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham has been fined £83,600 for failing to arrange annual safety checks on gas appliances in tenanted accommodation.
Almost half of the refurbishment construction projects in and around Stamford Hill in North East London have failed health and safety spot checks.
Nearly one in three domestic basement projects across four London boroughs has failed health and safety spot checks.
A former Croydon construction company has been prosecuted after a worker fell eight metres from a scaffold tower that he hadn’t wanted to build for safety reasons.
A Croydon-based construction company has been fined for continuing unsafe working practices at a site in Lewisham despite repeated warnings.