Council employees, agency workers and passers-by narrowly avoided electrocution or injury on two separate occasions when vehicles collecting recycled material struck overhead power lines, a court heard today.
A Staffordshire woman has been fined for failing to provide evidence that a gas safety check had been carried out at one of her tenanted properties.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is warning the waste and recycling industry to renew efforts to improve worker safety, following a spate of deaths over the summer.
The owners of a West Yorkshire care home have been told to pay £183,000 in fines and costs after a frail 93 year-old widow died because established safety measures were neglected.
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Rural Industries Group, in conjunction with the British Off-Road Driving Association (BORDA), is delighted to bring you a series of thought-provoking presentations and practical demonstrations by industry experts, (including HSE) which will help you to assess the risks and manage this often-forgotten or underestimated activity. Rutland, 11 [...]
‘Elf and safety maniacs destroy OAPs’ garden’ – Letter from Judith Hackitt, HSE Chair to Western Challenge Housing Association following article in the Sun, 16 August 2012.
A Staffordshire environmental waste company has been fined after an employee was crushed by a reversing vehicle.
Mike Wilcock, HSE’s Head of Operations for the South East’s response.
Simon Longbottom, HSE’s Head of Operations for the East responds to Hertfordshire Mercury article, 9 August 2012.
Rosi Edwards, HSE Regional Director’s response.