A Rochdale man has been sentenced after he put lives at risk by illegally carrying out gas work at three homes in the borough.
A Staffordshire woman has been fined for failing to provide evidence that a gas safety check had been carried out at one of her tenanted properties.
Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, which can be caused by unsafe central heating systems, gas cookers or gas fires. Gas Safety Week which takes place from 10th – 16th September 2012 aims to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of [...]
Last chance to have your say on HSE’s proposals to review its portfolio of ACOPs to update and improve them as recommended by Professor Ragnar Löfstedt in his 2011 independent review of health and safety legislation. The consultation ends 14 Sep…
A Kent double glazing company with three outlets in Medway towns has been fined for safety failings after building a conservatory over a gas flue.
An Essex fireplace installation company has been fined after their inadequate work on domestic gas pipes put a family’s life at risk in their own home.
An Essex plumber has received a twelve-month suspended prison sentence and 180 hours of unpaid community service after his firm fitted a dangerous boiler in what was to be a child’s bedroom in a house in Clacton-On-Sea.
Tenants, answers to some of your frequently asked questions on gas safety.
A landlord has been handed a suspended jail sentence for endangering lives after a mother, her partner and her eight-year-old daughter were poisoned by carbon monoxide at a flat in Lewisham.
Two Sheffield landlords have been handed suspended jail sentences after dangerous defects were found on every gas appliance at a house they rented out to a young woman.